|Open Plains (openplains) wrote,|
@ 2020-09-17 15:01:00
We all know those basic rules of RP! Don't cross the ic/ooc line, don't be a douche to your fellow players or the mods and don't god-mod. If there are any problems between players they should try to solve it among themselves, and if for some reason it can't be resolved then a mod can be contacted. In addition, we ask that our players not share the information posted in our communities or the discord server with people not in this game. People may say things in the server or OOC community that they don't wish to share with other games they are in.
* All characters from all fandoms are welcome unless the authors/creators have said they don't want them portrayed in fan-fiction or roleplay. As of right now we don't have any banned fandoms, but this could change if the mods see a need to cap a fandom in the future. Original characters are welcome! They can't be from the game universe as of yet, but they can be from any fandom. Original characters do have to supply a 6 sentence description of their character and how they fit into the fandom universe. Since we don't require a ton of information PLEASE make sure it's full sentences.
*There is a 10 character per player limit in this game to begin with, but then each player may use points to buy additional characters. There won't be an overall character cap, because we feel that active players should be allowed to play as many characters as they can handle; however each player is limited to five character purchases a month. This is to limit overflowed sets of adds and to allow our players to take the time to consider whom they actually want to play. Also if a player loses a character due to inactivity they cannot apply as any new characters until they have passed two activity checks in a row with all of their current characters. In addition players may only play up to three characters per fandom. Some fandoms such as Marvel and Harry Potter that are massive we will consider extending this cap on a case by case basis.
* Upon arrival in the game, all characters will be given a job in the town or on the ranch, housing in the bunk cabins, and a tablet. At this time players are allowed to choose the job their character receives from the offered list. If the mods see that the job options are running low then we will take suggestions from players for new job options. If a player needs help choosing a job for their character they can comment to the Dropbox and ask a mod for assistance. Random housing in the bunk cabins is required for your characters' first month in the game, but after that, they can switch bunks, move into town or even camp out in the surrounding woods if that's more their style. The tablets that they are given is the only electronic item that will work. Every morning they will wake up and the device will be magically recharged.
* There will be game plots at least once a month if not more. While participation isn't mandatory we do encourage involvement. In addition, the housing in the bunk cabins for new arrivals will be assigned randomly to encourage cross-fandom interaction.
* The Activity requirement for this game is two completed forms of open activity per character every month. A completed piece of activity is either a thread with at least five comments per character or an open net conversation with at least 3 comments from your character. Private net posts do not count as activity, but they can count towards extra activity. In addition we ask that one of the two forms of of activity be outside of the character's fandom or romantic sl. This is to encourage cross fandom interaction!
* At the end of the month every player that has passed activity with all of their characters will receive 25 points. In addition at the end of the month we will hold our monthly rewards program. Players can nominate other players for Player of the Month. Once the nominations are in the mods will vote on the winner. The winner of Player of the Month will receive 50 points. Players can be nominated for anything from excelling in crossfandom interaction, pimping the game or even as simple as just being super friendly with new players. The mods will be doing the final voting and can nominate players if there aren't any nominations before the window closes as well to keep this from turning into a popularity contest and to keep it fair the mods aren't eligible for this award. In addition we will also award most active player and this reward will be based solely on the numbers. Lucky will go through all of the tags and the player of the character that has the most tags will be granted the most active player award and they will be awarded 50 points. Also both winners will get a free pass for one character for the following month. Finally the last way to earn points is to take part in one of our monthly plots. Each completed plot thread or narrative is worth 50 points; please link these on the Points Post.
* In addition a player can earn 25 points if they invite a new member to the game.
* Canon Updates and Room Changes cost 25 points, private housing costs 50 points, 1 additional character costs 50 points and this reward can only be redeemed three times per month, a small item from home costs 10 points, and a large item from home costs 15 points. In addition, players can buy random presents to be delivered on the stagecoach every month. These random gifts cost 5 points and can only be redeemed once per month for each character. Keep in mind that electronic items from home WILL NOT work here.
The mods reserve the right to add to or change these rules at anytime!